The 31st Annual Gold Coast Science Competition aims to raise the profile of science in our community and encourages students to demonstrate their scientific abilities by entering a project into one of six categories. The competition is the largest of its type in Queensland and has been established for 30 years. The competition is fierce with nearly 400 entries received in 2016.
ENTRIES close – Thursday 18 August, 2017
- Stimulate interest in science and provide a valuable science experience to students
- Students get to pursue an independent project of their choice
- Provides an opportunity for students to showcase their high quality work to an audience greater than their classroom teacher
- An opportunity to provide recognition to quality student work
- Serve as a challenging, extracurricular assignment that allows students to investigate a scientific problem that interests them
- Importance for teachers in the joy of seeing their students do well beyond the classroom
- Creates a competitive spirit amongst students to strive towards continual improvement.
- Scientific Investigations
- Engineering & Technology Projects
- Classified Collections
- Communicating Science
- Environmental Action Project
Registration is open to divisions from Prep to Year 12 with the below divisions:
- Years 1 and 2
- Years 3 and 4
- Years 5 and 6
- Years 7 and 8
- Year 9 and 10
- Years 11 and 12
Requirements of Entry
- Each entry must include a statement from teacher confirming the entry is 100% the student’s work.
- Schools registering entries are to supply at least one judge for the judging at the Queensland Academy for Health Sciences on Monday 28 August (4pm – 7pm). You may park in the QAHS carpark for the judging process.
Watch this space for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.